What's going on in Seth Godin's world

Seth Godin coined the term 'Ideavirus' some time back, and demonstrated how ideas can spread, and spread rapidly. I got infected with the Ideavirus and I'm following his latest since. Here is the collection of my thoughts on the subject of Ideas, customers, business, marketing, and Seth's riffs on anything he chooses to riff on.... including other powerful sneezers in the entire Ideavirus chain!!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Signal is Noise - another Point of View

Yesterday I wrote about the advent of the Information era, the phenomenal power of the III (Information & Intelligence Internetwork), and the pyramid standing on its head. (Signal is Noise, Noise is Signal)

Today I get to the point another way. How Signal is not Noise, but how to convert Signal into Noise. Pardon me for making it sound like a DIY series, it's not. It's a commentary on the current partial III embargo we Indians are going through. Which is the trick. The trick of "blocking". The trick to achieve the above How to.

As I write these lines, (and thankfully I can write them because the parent "blogger.com" is still accessible), the whole domains of .blogspot.com, .typepad.com, and some more have been rendered inaccessible in India as an anti-insurgency measure, in response to the recent train bombings in Mumbai.

I am not passing any judgment on the validity of the move, whether it is right-on-your-money or downright-stupid. But I want to re-emphasize the tremendous power of III. Right now it's a one-way street for me (again thankfully at least one-way). I cannot visit many of the blogs I admire (and was stupid enough not to put on my Bloglines). The egotistic touch I referred to yesterday is something I can feel more deeply. Millions of other Indians also must be facing similar difficulties in this temporary 'blog-less' phase.

If by chance someone catches this blog through a proxy, or some other means of countering the How to trick then please, please use My Feedburner feed to subscribe. For those who can still read this on blogspot, I urge you to do the same. Who knows what has future got in store for you?

Thankful having Seth, Kathy, and Tom (Vander Well) on Bloglines, I am now looking out for other noteworthy (remember NOISE?..) feeds myself. That will be my Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan for the future........

Technorati links:
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home